Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My name is…

I thought only Korean or Japanese will find it difficult to pronounce my name, especially my last name. I thought wrong. As to me, instead of letting people ask me this and that if I tell them my last name, “How to pronounce your name?” “Is my pronunciation OK?”, I’d rather introduce people with the front one. But not everybody can follow on what you say out though you might think you have put it the simplest. I remember when I first joined this company; I was busy introduced to all the staffs in my division. And as a newcomer, smile was highly recommended so people would not think you as a cold person. But I made the biggest mistake (just kidding) smiling at this young Malaysian Chinese man (that was while I was busy arranging my desk) who immediately came right in front of me:

Jason : Hi, are you new?
Ah Ai : Yes, I am.
Jason : Welcome aboard. I’m Jason, from Investment.
Ah Ai : Ainnul.
Jason : What?
Ah Ai : Ainnul (what is wrong with my name?)
Jason : You know my name!
Ah Ai : I said Ainnul (Yeah, I knew it. It happened again)
Jason : You know my name! How do you know my name?
Ah Ai : No, Ainnul is my name. AIN.NUL.
Jason : (LOL, and smile). So sorry, I thought you know my name! Haha..Nice to meet AIN.NUL
Ah Ai : No worries, you are not the first one. I have experienced that before, and countless!

Now you know, it’s either you spelling out your name in a classis or a modern way. Therefore, HR people should give out the nametag earlier before the “Let me introduce you to the staffs” session begins. So when you see people make a weird face and give you wide eyes, show them your nametag. Or tell them, “Follow my lips carefully, as I will not repeat!” Hehehe…
Better if you write it in capital letters. Do not go for fancy style of writing. (Thanks to http://creativeenergyblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/nametag-copy.jpg)

* Still remember how Jason always forgets to bring his nametag and unable to access the door that connects him to his division. He will make this kesian face and asks, “Can I borrow yours? I was rushing this morning, I left mine.” For that reason, every time Jason appears in front of Jenab & I with that kesian face, we know it already, he arrives office late! * Chuckles*

No comments:

Post a Comment